Sunday, January 04, 2009

When It All Falls Down

Friday, Dec 2, 2009. A day in infamy.

As I awoke that morning and left my house at about 9 or so with my brothers,sister and stepmother to go job hunting till about 3:30 that afternoon I had no idea what was in store for me that night.....

At about 9:45pm an argument erupted. My 9 year old twin brothers and my 5 year old sister got into an argument with my 19yr old stepbrother about what to watch on tv... [I sometimes think that he forgets their 9 and he's 19]. He insisted on watching [drumroll please.....] Real Chance of Love! [Yknow those
I love New York rejects] when he knows these kids are not allowed to watch this foolish blackerdry. The argument erupts when we get done watching the rerun of the 2008 BET awards[bore....] And he turns to VH1 the home of washed up reality shows and they wanted to watch Transformers[with sexy white boy Shia Lebeouf....Hello!!]. They start screaming at him and him at them about what to watch. Their mother comes down and demands to know what's going on? They tell their side of the story and he his and she tells him like he already didn't know that they're not allowed to watch that type of stuff. He can watch it when their sleep or not home. He still doesn't turn and the kids turn the cable box off. He with the remote turns it back on. They go back and forth for a solid 60 seconds turning it on and off until his mom screams"stop playing with the tv." He still doesn't turn from the show. My dad in his office upon hearing the argument comes from his office to the living room snatches the remote and turns the tv off. And says "now nobodys watching nothing." The youngest twin says "thanks for ruining it for us M [that's what well call him]." M gets up and says "so what we can do that too" and heads to grab the kitchen phone and says you "crybaby niggas!" At this point I knew some drama was going to pop off for 2 reasons.

1. They had already had numerous talks about him arguing with the children like he is their age, calling them names, and watching what he says around them cause their impressionable [and the oldest twin looks up to us his 2 older brothers.] And he has a dirty mouth and is always cussing and using words like nigga in front of them and these kids are growing up in a rich suburb neighborhood-go to church every sunday household and knows nothing about what he be saying... They asked my dad why does he talk like that and use crazy words....'nuff said
2. I heard my dad's footsteps stop in their tracks at the word "nigga" at the end of the sentence...... It was about to go down.

My dad says "what you say?" M says "you heard me!" And turns into the dining room phone in hand. Cussing and talking shit to my dad as my dad comes up behind him and his wife behind him. They head into the hallway by the front door and my dad slaps the phone out his hand and tells him to "respect me and my house and watch your damn mouth!". Before my dad could finish his sentence M jumps back and takes a swing. At this point I'm shocked. No he didn't. I see my dad run after him and the next thing I know glass is breaking and I hear someone hit a wall[I was later informed M got thrown up against the wall]. As I am still sitting with my sister on my lap I look at my 3 younger siblings and they're all looking excited yet confused and are all looking at each other as they hear the thundering commotion 2 rooms away. I get up I tell them "stay here don't move." As I run into the hallway theirs broken bulbs from the christmas tree on the floor and his wife is opening the door and she's saying "stop them they tearing up my house.... [My goverment name]they tearing up my house. Yall take it outside!" As I look I see them on the floor M on the bottom my dad holding him down in some kind of wrestling move. All I could say was "oh my god oh my god" as I stood in shock as this was the first time I watched a fight and knew not what to do. I grab my dad and tell him "stop.... Yall stop".... He says "get off me!" I let his arm go it wasn't like I was really getting him off the boy anyway. My dad finally let him go and they stood up and starting squaring up for another round. I jumped in the middle and told them to stop the kids are in here and it seemed to calm them down. M walked away talkin shit and my dad hit him again which M proclaimed was a punk ass hit. Him mom then told him to get his stuff and go he had to leave her house. He got his stuff and upon leaving started talkin shit from upstairs about how he won the fight. After calming my dad down the boy left.... Only to return a couple hours later trying to kick the doors and windows in trying to bait my dad outside. The alarm went off and 3 police came and told him to walk or he would be arrested. After the police left he returned to play with the doorbell for about an hour. Then finally he went to a family friends down the street.....

The next day he was bought a bus ticket that our family friend picked up and took him to the bus station. They said he looked depressed as they dropped him off and the whole thing was sad.

Today it hit me while sitting in church. I felt bad for him in a way and wondered how he must feel and what he was thinking and going to do now. They boy has a warrant in ohio. It hit his mom also who cried today and talked to the pastor and his wife. She hasn't been herself since the whole thing and has been sleep ever since we came home from church. I know my dads prolly done with him and I think she's finally tired of feeling the slap in the face from trying to help her son all these years and he doesn't take the help. I have mixed emotions about it but I'm staying focused on what I gotta do....

I just hope he one day finds his way.....

2 Thoughts:

RocaFella07 said...

OMG!! That was quite an event. why wasnt there another TV in the house?

;-)

PRIMO said...

@ Rocafella• The sad part is there's a tv in almost every room. Instead of going upstairs he chose to argue and fight.....